There’s a reason movie stars and financial moguls use personal trainers: Working with a trainer is one of the fastest, easiest, most successful ways to improve your health and fitness. In fact, personal training has proved so effective it has spread well beyond the realm of the rich and famous. Today, personal trainers are used by people at all fitness, age, and economic levels-and from all over the world-to help make lifestyle changes those people couldn’t achieve by themselves.
How do you know if hiring a personal trainer is the right choice for you? Consider the following things a personal trainer can help you do:
- Improve Your Overall Fitness. The primary reason people hire personal trainers is to get professional assistance to improve strength, flexibility, endurance, posture, balance, coordination and cardiovascular health. A trainer will monitor your progress and fine-tune your program as you go, helping you work your way off plateaus.
- Reach or Maintain a Healthy Weight. Body fat reduction, weight reduction or management, body shaping and toning can all be achieved with the aid of a qualified trainer, who can help you set realistic goals and determine safe strategies, all while providing the encouragement you need.
- Learn to Stick to It. Sticking with the well-intentioned plans is one of the biggest challenges exercisers face. Qualified personal trainers can provide motivation for developing a lifestyle that places a high priority on health and activity.
- Focus on Your Unique Health Concerns. 50 percent of personal trainers’ clients have special medical needs, such as arthritis, diabetes or obesity. A personal trainer can help you with these or other issues, including low-back pain, rehabilitation from injury and pre/postnatal training.
- Find the Right Way to Work Out. You will learn the correct way to use equipment, and appropriate form and technique for cardiovascular work and free-weight training.
- Stop Wasting Time. Get maximum results in minimum time with a program designed specifically for you? Workouts that use your strengths and improve on your weaknesses are efficient and effective.
- Learn New Skills. Want to improve your strength and flexibility for tennis, skiing, or golfing? An individualized program can improve your overall conditioning and develop the specific skills you need.
- Enhance Your Mind, Body, and Spirit. A personal trainer can act as a doorway to new personal growth experiences. Your trainer may help you uncover new insights about yourself or find potential you didn’t realize you had.
- Benefit From the Buddy System. What could be better than making a commitment to regularly meet with someone who will provide you with individualized attention and support?
- Take Charge of Your Program, and Do It YOUR Way. With the right personal trainer, you can find the exercise program that works best for you. Are you more comfortable with a demanding program or a gentler approach? How many times per week or month do you want to meet with your trainer, and for how long? Carefully choosing a personal trainer enables you to select the type of guidance that will benefit you. You can get fit and healthy your way and take ultimate responsibility for your own health.